Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yes, I Do Mean Anything....

I keep talking about how you really can get your life back and do anything you really want to do after surgery for UC or Crohn's, so I wanted to share this great article that illustrates exactly what I mean. Zak Hammond is a perfect example of what I mean when I say "Life Takes Guts." You just have to get out there and go after whatever it is you feel inspired to do. Don't let your illness stop you. Don't let fear of how the ostomy will hold up or what might happen stop you. Don't let your own self-consciousness stop you. Odds are very good nothing bad will happen. Odds are also very good that nobody will be able to tell you have an ostomy. People don't pay as much attention to us as we like to think they do. Even if they can tell, so what? It's an opportunity to educate, dispel myths, and show your strength.

Don't be afraid. Don't hold yourself back. Get out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment